This is Anna Karenina’s cuff. I had to try out quite a few different lace patterns, as I wanted to make the gloves look like expensive lace, not cheap tarty lace. Therefore I ended up using lace that had quite a lot of solid areas. Knitted in Jamieson’s cobweb ultra 1ply it still looks very lace-y.
Here’s a page from my note book. I love making charts, as it makes me understand how the pattern works.
And the cuff being blocked.
Once I had finished assembling everything the lace pattern got a bit lost as it was a double layer of fabric. So I have hunted down some old silk scarves and used one of those to line the gloves. There are red beads for blood drops.